top of page
Department of Energy South Africa, Floating Power Plant Independent Power Producer Procurement Programme (“Floating Power Plant Programme”) considering power barges and powerships
Department of Energy South Africa
Transaction Advisor and Project Manager
The Department of Energy engaged the IPP Office to implement the Floating Power Plant Programme.
J Maynard was appointed as programme manager to co-ordinate the preparation of the Floating Power Plant Programme, including without limitation:
• the preparation of scope of work and appointment of consultants;
• the preparation of a request for information and the preparation of a report analysing the responses thereto;
• the preparation of a procurement concept note;
• the initiation of an environmental impact assessment in the Port of Richards Bay;
• engagement with Transnet,
This Floating Power Plant Programme was replaced by the Early Power Programme.
bottom of page